free counter statistics

Monday, April 24, 2006

Update - GD AIR PPDI

So all 3 of Cramer's picks from Friday traded very thinly in the pre-market this morning.

As of 9:28am:
GD 1100 shares traded
AIR 3600 shares traded
PPDI 1303 shares traded

Not a lot of room there to get a big enough short in. All 3 picks are well off their highs now, so if one had a chance to short it would have been a good day. I had my eye on PPDI since it was the only one that traded on the NASDAQ, but its first trade didn't even happen until around 8:30am. Since trading didn't pick up until the open at 9:30am I had given up on it by that point. Its pretty safe to say that if there is such little interest in buying the stock in the pre-market that it is unlikely it will hold its gains, since it was up over a dollar, but with so few people willing to pay that much I doubt I would be one of the lucky ones to have my short sale go through. And I wouldn't really want to get stuck having only a partial order get filled and need to stock go down a lot more on fewer shares to make a profit.


AIR:
GD:
PPDI:
]

Comments on "Update - GD AIR PPDI"

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (April 24, 2006 5:44 PM) : 

The regular hours open? A very good point. Since there was so little action in the pre-market the price was likely to come down. I haven't really looked to much into examples where there was so little pre-market trading, but always just thought it was best to stay away.

 

post a comment