free counter statistics

Friday, April 21, 2006

Update - EMKR SGMS FSL

So all 3 of Cramers picks from last night had some great price dropping action. Too bad I got tied up and couldn't trade anything!

EMKR went to $11.44 at 8:10am and drifted slowly downward until the bell where it dropped pretty quickly and hit as low as $10.93 just after 10am.

Update: EMKR was the only pick of the 3 that didn't go in the read today! It saw its low for the day of $10.72 at 3:31pm. Someone who posted a comment today said there were no shares to short this morning for EMKR. I was under the impression that that was broker specific? Meaning that 1 broker may be able to find shares to borrow while others can't?



SGMS saw its high of $39.42 at 8:03am and was as low as $38.60 by 9:55am.
Update: SGMS hit a low of $37.85 at 3:17pm.


FSL saw its high of $32.20 at 8:19am and was as low as $31.42 by 10am. So the ANGO rule didn't really apply to this one. So far the rule has been good twice and not so much twice. I still feel it is a good rule and a safer way to play the picks when this scenario comes up.
Update: FSL hit a low of $31.24 at 3:14pm today.


Of note, SGMS and FSL traded rather thinly in the pre-market compared to EMKR. Once again, the interest is going to be in picks that are "cheap".

____________________

I would say this down day for Cramer's picks probably had more to do with oil hitting $75 per barrel as opposed to him making bad picks since there was no news that I saw for any of these picks. Either that, or people were putting their money into Google!

Comments on "Update - EMKR SGMS FSL"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (April 21, 2006 3:26 PM) : 

I'm having trouble getting shorts with TradeFreedom. Should I move to Ameritrade.ca?

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (April 21, 2006 3:50 PM) : 

AmeritradeCanada would not be a good choice. It has been bought out by TD Waterhouse and I am being converted over as of June. If you are a Canadian investor I would recommend looking into Questrade (http://www.questrade.com/). From what I have read and heard about from another person who commented that this is a really good choice. I would stick with TD, but the trade commisions are too high for my taste. Having said that, I have been turned down for shorting due to lack of shares to short a few times, but not too much, maybe 10% of the time.

 

post a comment