free counter statistics

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

April 18th - GOL ARDI

Cramer's first pick tonight was GOL Linhas Areas Inteligentes S.A.

Closing Price: $33.18
After Hours High: $34.84
Percent Increase at High: 5%
Price Level Off Point: $34.12
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 2.8%

This trades on the NYSE so once again I can't short it after hours but if I could I would have considered doing it in the after hours here since it is already dropping steadily. This stock was at the $25 level on March 28th of this year, so it is up pretty substantially already. This seems pretty ripe for a pullback. It may close over the $34 level tomorrow, but I see it dipping below there at some point early tomorrow.

Cramer's second pick was ARDI @Road, Inc.

Closing Price: $5.39
After Hours High: $6.10
Percent Increase at High: 13.2%
Price Level Off Point: $5.90
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 9.5%
Short Percentage: 3.7%

So this one shot up above $6 before Jim said that he is afraid it will hit $6 with after hours buying! This one has some good short potential. Anything over $6 tomorrow morning I think would be a good short for a quick trade. Some recent history with "cheap" stocks and the time of their highs that produced good short entry points the next day:

AVNX

10:02AM

$2.78
GEMS 8:09AM $5.83
BKHM 9:45AM $8.49
VTSS 9:35AM $3.37
MSPD 8:00AM $4.02
BRCD 8:00AM $6.29
FNSR 9:44AM $5.00

Cramer also had a 3rd pick tonight during a Break The Analyst segment. The pick was WPSC Wheeling-Pittsburgh Corp.

Closing Price: $22.39
After Hours price: $23.20
Percent Increase: 3.6%

I don't like this one. The high for today was $23.96 and the Cramer mention only took it to $23.20. What I like to call my ANGO rule I will not short picks where the stock didn't go higher then the daily high after Cramer mentions it.

Comments on "April 18th - GOL ARDI"

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (April 18, 2006 9:11 PM) : 

Nice short for sure. Already up .20 cents per! Not to go against you in the morning, but I hope it sees $6 again so I can get a short in myself :)

 

post a comment