free counter statistics

Thursday, April 20, 2006

April 20th - EMKR SGMS FSL

Cramer's first pick was SGMS SCIENTIFIC GAMES Corporation

Closing Price: $38.60
After Hours High: $39.90
Percent Increase at High: 3.4%
Price Level Off Point: $39.55
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 2.5%

This one was pushed to a new 52-week high on the Cramer mention and is hovering around the psychological price barrier of $40. Personally the price is on the high end of my range for shorting, since it would limit the number of shares I could short. I would be surprised for this to go over $40, and see it hitting the low $39 level tomorrow morning if there is no news for the company reported.

Cramer's second pick was EMKR EMCORE Corporation

Closing Price: $10.50
After Hours High: $11.59
Percent Increase at High: 10.4%
Price Level Off Point: $11.35
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 8.1%

This one also hit a new 52-week high after the Cramer mention. This has some very good short potential. I would see it going down to the low $11 range tomorrow morning. Since my research shows that there is very little difference in shorting after hours vs the pre-market, I hope this one will climb back to the $11.45-.50 range for a short. There is a 10% short interest already in the stock, so anyone that wakes up tomorrow and notices this spike might cover and bring the price up to that $11.50 range if not higher. I will certainly check INET tomorrow morning and see what the buy/sell ratio looks like before a short. If there are a lot more buyers I would expect a run up to the opening bell before the decline. I would continue with my conservative approach and look for only a .10 to .20 cent drop to cover.

Cramer also had a third pick tonight FSL Freescale Semiconductor Inc

Closing Price: $31.42
After Hours Price: $32.09
Percent Increase at High: 2.1%

This is the ANGO rule again (see my shorting rules on the right sidebar for info on this rule - last rule on the list)! The daily high for the stock was $32.25 and the after hours price right now that I can see is only $32.09! Even if it does go higher after hours I am still applying the ANGO rule, which in short means....I'm not going to short it!

Comments on "April 20th - EMKR SGMS FSL"

 

post a comment