free counter statistics

Friday, April 21, 2006

April 21 - GD AIR PPDI

I wasn't able to watch Mad Money "live" tonight so I only read the recap and skimmed through my DVR recording. One of his picks was GD General Dynamics Corporation

Closing Price: $67.88
After Hours High: $69.50
Percent Increase at High: 2.4%
After Hours Close: $68.51
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 1.0%

Trades on the NYSE, too rich for me, and didn't hold very well after hours. Also, the after hours close is below the regular hours high...so the ANGO rule does apply so its just one more reason I have no interest in shorting this one.

Cramer's second pick was AIR AAR Corporation
Closing Price: $28.19
After Hours High: $29.27
Percent Increase at High: 3.8%
After Hours Close: $29.14
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 3.4%

Another NYSE stock. This again isn't overly interesting even if I could short it. Another day of rising oil prices could hurt this stock since it is an airline play. Chances are oil will come in a bit....I would think! So that could give AIR a boost since it was down today during regular hours. Probably will drop in the pre-market to below $29.
Cramer also picked PPDI Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc.

Closing Price: $36.94
After Hours Close: $37.93
Percent Increase at High: 2.7%

The price gain was nothing to write home about. I can't find all the info on the after hours action, but the message board on yahoo! was very quiet on this one too which shows little interest in this one. If that is the case and it still went up a dollar, there is a good chance that it won't hold and could be a good short. The higher end of my price range, but so was SGMS from today and that one went red a few times today. Of all 3 of the picks, I will keep my eye on this one and with no news over the weekend or Monday morning, this one could go back to the $37.50 range in my opinion.

Comments on "April 21 - GD AIR PPDI"

 

post a comment