free counter statistics

Friday, February 02, 2007

February 2nd

Not a lot to discuss tonight from a shorting standpoint. Cramer started out with his gameplan recommended buying some stocks that were up this week on strong earnings and said they should continue to go up. He said it will be hard for most people to buy high and sell higher, but if they wait for a pull back it won't happen.

He then looked at Yahoo! and Google and said Yahoo! is up (and more expensive) and Google is down even though Google reported superior numbers. I will refer you to thestreet.com for the recap to get all the details about what Cramer said as it doesn't present a shorting opportunity in my opinion.

Finally, Cramer had another "Know your IPO" segment for a company called Switch and Data with the future stock code to be SDXC. Again, not a short opportunity here.

Comments on "February 2nd"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 02, 2007 10:18 PM) : 

I hate to say this but I think the good old days are behind us. I think cramer is purposefuly trying to keep us shorts out. At least I can make money on his IPO pumps. Been making a quick point on each of the IPO's he has recomended.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (February 02, 2007 10:41 PM) : 

Well, if we can't short that means people aren't really buying, which means people will stop watching and the ratings will drop....I think the old days will be back...maybe after earnings season is over.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 02, 2007 11:13 PM) : 

I think Cramer is uncertain of the market direction. Therefore, he steers you to some generic plays...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 03, 2007 12:43 AM) : 

Alien,

Hate to beat a dead horse, but am I correct in assuming that Cramer himself has not done any homework on FRPT? He recommended to steer clear of small defense contractors like FRPT and to buy General Dynamics. Didn't FRPT and GD just partner to form Force Dynamics to facilitate the large orders the Dod was wanting?

And, if he knew that, I wonder if he would be singing a different tune?

BTW, I briefly searched your site to post these comments, but found no way of doing so. I may have missed it though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 03, 2007 3:01 PM) : 

There is a lot going in the market and I dont think Cramer's picks will be as effective. Cramers picks work well in a bull market, but I am not sure how well they are working right now. We shall see.

www.marketbarometer.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 03, 2007 4:25 PM) : 

This is a bull market -- I think cramer just turned a little more bullish this week -- The problem is when he thinks it is a bear market.. What can he do? Besides recommending Bonds. Seems like though he has been giving us at least one play a week. Which is enough for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 03, 2007 5:22 PM) : 

Hello,

Can you post a link to my blog on your blog? I am going to place a link of this blog on mine. That way we can work together and increase the link count. Thanks.

Dr. Michael Roberts
www.marketbarometer.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 03, 2007 10:44 PM) : 

Green alien makes no sense to me. Do you think Cramer is sitting at home thinking I better not make any more good pics because people will short the stock. That's crazy and goes against the premise of his show. Are you from outer space green alien?

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (February 03, 2007 10:57 PM) : 

If anything I think Cramer enjoys the shorts, although he would probably never admit it. For one, if the shorts keep taking the instant after hours buyers money, then eventually they might stop bidding up after hours. Now considering this has been going on for quite some time, I'm not sure that will ever happen. Enough people must be making money somehow buying instantly to keep doing it, because I don't think he can be getting that many new viewers every day to do it?? I'm sure there are a lot of people with losing positions in a lot of his picks that are just holding their losses hoping it will turn around. Secondly, I think the shorts create a floor for his picks in the event that they drop as the shorts will cover and send the price back up, which in turn may bring more buyers in. And in the end, Cramer is all about making people money (and selling books :) and people can make money shorting his picks.....of course this is at the expense of the people buying up too much....but he does tell people not to do that.

And Roberts, sure, I'll add your link. I'll create a friends section on the right hand side. Thanks for the link back on your site.

And if anyone is intersted...interesting web game/study here www.lost.eu/19f25

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (February 03, 2007 11:41 PM) : 

Mr. Anonymous...yes I am from outer space. Have you read Cramers latest book? He specificaly talks about people people shorting his stocks. He is aware of it I he expressed his dislike for it. While Cramertracker may be right that all he cares about is that people watch I think the drop in price that is created alienates a his main demographic, unexperinced sheep type investors that follow in hopes of quick cash. Im not saying that he won't do anymore good picks but I think he is keeping shorts in mind and views us as the enemy. He used to do picks like every show for a long time now he has quit. At the same time he talks about it in his book. If I were in his shoes I would try to protect the longs and toast the shorts...

P.S. Cramertracker, lets do the link thing too, I would love to add a link to you from my site and if you did the same that would be great. ipotrader.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (February 03, 2007 11:44 PM) : 

oops my site is http://ipotrading.blogspot.com/

my bad...lol how lame is that...mistyped my own blog address

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (February 03, 2007 11:49 PM) : 

Green, I added your link to my friends section at the same time I added the other request.

And yes I'm sure Cramer isn't really too happy about shorting of his picks, but he does say he would do it himself if he were at his hedge fund still. If he truely wanted to stop it, or at least limit it....all he has to do is have his show air at 8, and not while the after hours market is still open. This same sort of dry spell happened during the summer during the down market that lasted a good solid month, so I think he will get back to more picks at some point, maybe after the current market uncertainty (as some are suggesting) and after earnings season is over. He is also doing his back to school shows again soon, so he may just be trying to educate the students a bit more before he gets there so they don't spend all their college money on stocks and loose their shirts.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 04, 2007 4:06 PM) : 

Cramertracker, I added your link as well. It is under the catagory of inteligent life on earth...I think Im going to start that link directory page. That would be cool for all of us.

 

post a comment