free counter statistics

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 13th - VIA-B LMS

Cramer recommended a "broken" stock that is now worth owning. The stock was Viacom Inc. (VIA-B) because they are cutting some staff. Now Cramer did show the stock code VIA-B, but the A class shares trade at the same price, and my broker only shows VIA. So here is the data that I could find at least.

Closing Price: $39.96
After Hours High: $41.00
Percent Increase at High: 2.6%
After Hours Most Recent: $40.58
Percent Increase at Most Recent Price: 1.6%
Sector: Services
Days to Cover: 3.6
Short %: %
% Held by Insiders: %
% Held by Institutions: %


Slightly above my price range for shorting, but a decent second push in the after hours price as Cramer became even more positive, which has also dropped to settle around $40.60. I added a TA chart showing the bollinger bands which shows the price was near the bottom band, so this recommendation leaves some room to the upside to the top band which is at $41.99. Since we are well bellow the top band, the price to watch is in the middle (the 20-day SMA) which is at $40.71, which could be represent the top tomorrow. I would say if it goes above $40.71 then I would be concerned it could hold or push to the top band.

Cramer's next recommendation was Lamson & Sessions Co. (LMS)

Closing Price: $28.25
After Hours High: $29.59
Percent Increase at High: 4.7%
After Hours Most Recent: $29.47
Percent Increase at Most Recent Price: 4.3%
Sector: Technology
Days to Cover: 14.4
Short %: 27.23 %
% Held by Insiders: 21.98 %
% Held by Institutions: %
50 Day Moving Average: $24.61
200 Day Moving Average: $24.54
Average Price Drop for Sector: 4.3%



Nice percentage increase after hours here. As you can tell I'm enjoying the Bollinger Bands to help spot some potential highs and lows. Here we are near the top band of $28.64 at the close price, but the after hours has taken us well above this. This makes the high harder to spot, but anything around the high from tonight could be desirable, assuming it doesn't go much higher then that early on. So the downside is likely limited to the top band of $28.64, but that is probably a bit too low of a target for tomorrow, but a number to keep in mind.

Comments on "February 13th - VIA-B LMS"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 13, 2007 6:40 PM) : 

I like the new upgrades on charts. Next I woulk like to see the exact change in price before it happens. Then it will be perfect. No really though thanks for the new charts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 13, 2007 6:53 PM) : 

Cramer has changed his tone. No more "buy high and sell higher". Now its, buy the companies that have the bad conference calls.

Look at my blog for updates on the market. Small caps are sucking, midcaps are performing and the large caps are going flat.

You will be most successful shorting small caps, look at The Knot today...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 13, 2007 8:40 PM) : 

I think it is viab

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 13, 2007 11:55 PM) : 

I don't get this website. I dropped in from time to time and you never have given a short signal. Always too pricey, or some other excuse. What's up with this?

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (February 14, 2007 8:44 AM) : 

No problem on the chars. I enjoy them myself. stockcharts.com is the source. As for the not understanding the website....I do often say a price is out of a good range for shorting because I have looked at several prices and noticed that the higher the price, the smaller percentage it goes up after hours. The smaller percentage up means the smaller percentage down, which for me makes it not worth shorting, whereas others (maybe with deeper pockets) may not care as much about the price. The other "excuses" are me simply trying to avoid bad shorting situations where I feel there are enough indicators which may make the stock run up and up with out the typical Cramer drop. ANGO is a stock that fits that example as it went up much higher then the after hours price the next morning and would have been a terrible short. Because I only post during the show (or that night) I don't give an absolute short signal the next morning because I think its important to look at the price action the next morning after the bell. The price needs to stay inflated enough or have a nice opening pop to make it worth while some times. The use of the bollinger bands may start helping spotting some price targets for setting and covering shorts depending on where the current price lies within the bands. I think of the site more of a source of information then an exact point of when and how to short the picks, its just one mans opionion/theory. I am by no means an investor advisor but am justing trying to help spot an opportunity.

 

Anonymous Reeva said ... (June 11, 2022 8:53 AM) : 

Nice blog poost

 

post a comment