free counter statistics

Friday, June 23, 2006

June 23rd - JCP FMD GRMN PNRA GIS WLT DVN

Cramer 3 picks for next week as per his game plan Friday show were JCP J C Penney Corporation, Inc. FMD First Marblehead Corp. and GRMN Garmin Ltd.

These stocks closed today at $67.50, $56.48, and $98.34 respectively. I don't think I need to say much more than these are just too rich and big for my blood. Cramer also mentioned PALM and RIMM in passing since they report the same day as the Fed meeting next week and said their results will get drowned out, even though they could have strong earnings. No real short play in those either for Monday, but I figured I would mention that anyway.

Cramer looked at 3 types of stocks: High Growth - PNRA Panera Bread Co. Consistent Growth - GIS General Mills Inc. and Value Stocks - WLT Walter Industries Inc.

These stocks closed today at $66.73, $51.11, and $48.39. Deja vu? Three more "expensive" picks, that again, I'm not interested in shorting come Monday.

Cramer's last pick was DVN Devon Energy Corp.

The stock closed at $55.68 and is an oil and gas play, a sector that I would not short. Cramer is not really the first one to mention DVN as the next buyout candidate as I heard it mentioned this morning on CNBC.

Comments on "June 23rd - JCP FMD GRMN PNRA GIS WLT DVN"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 24, 2006 9:41 AM) : 

I found it interesting that Cramer mentioned 2 points: 1)Buy 1/2 before Fed meeting and 1/2 after, and 2)Suggested not buying in after hours.

Seems to be doing the CYA game quite nicely.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (June 24, 2006 10:17 AM) : 

Thanks for the comment.

I think his first point reflects his opinion that the fed meeting has a good chance of tanking the market pretty hard, but just in case it doesn't get in before and you might get a nice pop on good news. His second point about not buying after hours is something he says about once a week I would say. But I think what he fails to mention is don't buy in the pre-market either, since more often then not the price goes higher in the pre-market than it does after hours....only to tank at the opening bell. Still, I think no matter what he says people are going to buy right away. Not many small retail investors are going to take his advice and buy in smaller chunks....I don't think many of them have the money, the patience, or the desire to pay multiple commissions.

 

post a comment