free counter statistics

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Update - OPWV AVNR

OPWV hit its closing price from after hours last night of $22.10 and is currently falling to the $21.70 level. I still don't think this is a great short since it is still around yesterdays price levels before the Cramer mention.

Update: Well, OPWV continued its downward momentum after the opening bell. It reached a low of $21.00. So much for my cautiousness on this one. But I want to stick to my rules, even though this one didn't quite fit the rule 100% I still felt it was best to stay away from it.



AVNR had a nice drop from the $14.60 range all the way down to $14.10 in the pre-market. It is slowly working its way back up. I don'’t see a lot of support for this right now as INET shows more sellers than buyers, but the stock is only up .57 cents right now so I think the downside is now limited. The best play would have been to short early in the pre-market at the $14.70 because there was plenty of opportunity to do so.

Update: The stock did climb at the opening bell before touching $14.98 (a psychological level no less! Even though people had no problem pushing this over $15 last night) and falling back down for what could have been a good short to the $14.50 level. I am definitely gun shy this week after my last 2 shorts caused me some anxious moments. But sitting on the sidelines this week has made me miss out on several good shorts. Unfortunately I have an appointment tomorrow morning so I can't even short even if I wanted to. Then the market is closed on Friday!


Comments on "Update - OPWV AVNR"

 

post a comment