free counter statistics

Thursday, April 06, 2006

April 6th

Cramer's first pick was ZZ Sealy which is about to have its IPO so its not even trading yet. I watched the THI Tim Hortons IPO pretty closely and it would have made for a good short. I don't see the same sort of demand for Sealy as I would for Tim Hortons since I know people I work with who know nothing about stocks were talking about Tim Hortons IPO, but maybe its a Canadian thing. And I don't see this as a Biadu IPO, but shorting an IPO isn't something I am really interested in. Jim says buy under $18 and that it will go to $20. I might watch this one to see if Cramer is right and see if a short at $20 would have worked.

The second pick was UniCredit, a stock that only trades in Europe. Since I can't even trade after hours on stocks that trade on the NYSE or AMEX you know I can't trade this one either :)

The third pick was FD Federated Department Stores Inc. It trades at $77.36 at todays close and is over $78 after hours. Given my limited buying power this is too rich for me. It would have to drop too much to be profitable for me. Not to mention it is only up just over 1%. Stocks that are this "expensive" (really a relative term in stocks, but I am referring to the actual price of the stock without looking at the p/e ratio) don't typically go up too much on Cramer mentions because people aren't as willing to buy 10 shares of this compared to 100 shares of a much cheaper stock.

Comments on "April 6th"

 

post a comment