free counter statistics

Monday, April 10, 2006

April 10th - NUVA AV

I was only able to read Cramer's recap tonight since I was out during his show. One of the picks was NUVA NUVASIVE, INC.

Closing Price: $17.30
After Hours High: $19.25
Percent Increase at High: 11.3%
Price Level Off Point: $18.75
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 8.4%

Even Cramer himself said this is a very speculative stock, but that didn't stop people from bidding it up. The stock was at $21 just a few weeks ago which is concerning. ANGO from a few weeks had also been beaten down from some bad news and Cramer's mention pushed the stock up very high, and it has stayed strong. If you take a look at the spreadsheet a few posts below, take notice of the health "time of high". Of the stocks that I noted the time for, none peaked right at 8:00am. They all made runs upward towards the opening bell at 9:30am before they had their fall....the perfect time for a short :). I would look for this to test the high from the after hours tonight of $19.25.

Cramer also picked AV AVAYA INC

Closing Price: $10.98
After Hours Close: $11.58
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 5.5%

This trades on the NYSE so I can't short during the premarket. Cramer's other telco plays have been decent short plays (BKHM and MSPD which he mentioned according to the summary I read that yielded 8.1% and 6.5% drops from their highs respectively). I will keep my eye on this one but isn't my first choice due to my limitations in trading it.

Cramer's first pick was NOV National Oilwell Varco. It is far to expensive for me, and even though Cramer says it isn't tied with oil prices, I'm sure that it is influenced by it anyway. So bottom line, this one is not for me.

Comments on "April 10th - NUVA AV"

 

post a comment