free counter statistics

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

TOPP and ICON update

So I had a short order in before the premarket today with the hopes that there would be an early spike and I could catch the wave down. I set my order a little too high unfortunately and it didn't fill so I cancelled. TOPP opened at 8:01am at $9.29 and went to $8.85 by 10:40am only a measly .10 gain from Cramer's mention. The stock has since climbed back up to $9.00 but the play is over for me at this point. After the first morning of Cramer's picks who knows which way they might go. Reason being that you never know if the good things that made Cramer recommend the stock will force it up, or if all the over-excited buyers will give up and sell. Either that, or Cramer was just plain wrong and the stock goes down.



ICON I didn't take too much notice in this morning. It opened in the premarket at $15.95, went to $15.47 before a spike up to $15.91 and then a slow decline all the way to as low as $15.13 (which happens to be yesterdays close price before the Cramer mention). So, once again a short very early in the premarket would have returned a nice short term short.



Interesting to note though. Both of these stocks lost most if not all of the price jump after the Cramer mention! TOPP came within .10 cents of yesterdays close and ICON hit yesterdays close. I haven't really noticed this before, but it is certainly encouraging for anyone shorting Cramer's picks!

Comments on "TOPP and ICON update"

 

post a comment