free counter statistics

Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11th - SNE BBI

Cramer started out saying it is important to pick stocks before the news comes out. Cramer then said to look at Sony Corp. (SNE) as a value play that people are overlooking now.

Closing Price: $45.65
After Hours High: $46.59
Percent Increase at High: 2.1%
After Hours Most Recent: $46.00
Percent Increase at Most Recent Price: 0.8%
Sector: Consumer Goods
Days to Cover: 2.2
Short %: 0.25 %
% Held by Insiders: 0.12 %
% Held by Institutions: 13.70 %
50 Day Moving Average: $41.13
200 Day Moving Average: $43.44
Average Price Drop for Sector: 4.8%

Ok, so this was up before Cramer mentioned it and it caused an even bigger spike since people probably didn't notice. I don't see any news to explain why it was up after hours, since it closed in the red today, but the stock quickly came down is up a little under a percent. I have a feeling some people bought when they weren't supposed to while listening to Cramer before the show aired (but I could be wrong). And then there were probably some others that saw this and put in sell (or short sell) orders even higher to take advantage of the buyers. Too expensive for my taste, and unless you got a short in right away when the price was much higher there is really nothing to bother with here in my opinion.

Finally Cramer recommended (again) Blockbuster Inc. (BBI)

Closing Price: $6.16
After Hours High and Most Recent: $6.58
Percent Increase at High: 6.8%
Sector: Services
Days to Cover: 10.0
Short %: 28.33 %
% Held by Insiders: %
% Held by Institutions: %
50 Day Moving Average: $4.91
200 Day Moving Average: $4.42
Average Price Drop for Sector: 2.8%

This was NOT a very good short last time as the stock only came down $0.12 and had strength all day. Read the last update from the last time he picked it HERE. The price has also gone up after hours as Cramer had more good things to say about the company. Also, Cramer has said he sees this one not belonging in the under $10 group, so that tells people there could be big upside and will likley create a lot of buyers. Personally, not one I want to short.

Comments on "January 11th - SNE BBI"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 11, 2007 6:15 PM) : 

I have an order at 42.20 but I can see it wont fill. I was not able to type fast enough to catch that spike.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 11, 2007 6:25 PM) : 

in BBI at 6.39...ouch should have gone slower...oh well

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 11, 2007 6:33 PM) : 

Does it seems like the drop in regular hours goes to where it closed the day before. It was almost the case with the last BBI. If it does BBI would still be ok here...perhaps.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (January 11, 2007 6:33 PM) : 

Hope that BBI one works out. One of those slow riser ones again. Cramer started out saying how much up it was, but then had so many good things to say which made people jump at it. And damn...its gone even higher then I said the high was...guess I'll have to go back and update the post.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (January 11, 2007 6:40 PM) : 

I think the movement with BBI last time may just be a fluke how it closed around the after hours close the night before. Hopefully it goes down before the after hours close tonight, as it is still rising well after the segment....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 11, 2007 6:53 PM) : 

Oh crap is all I have to say now...BBI still going up. I have a bad feeling about my possiiton. I am starting to see the wisdom in waiting untill the morning to avoid this sort of mistake

 

Blogger STOCKHABIT said ... (January 11, 2007 7:05 PM) : 

This stock has 32 million short as of dec 12. Looks like it may come back a little but you may have to take a loss on this one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 11, 2007 8:13 PM) : 

Looks like SIX would make a good short. As far as BBI I don't mind takeing a loss. I've learned if your wrong, be wrong fast. I have an order to cover at 6.60 it should at least come back to that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 8:10 AM) : 

Opened lower then I thought it would pm. Was hoping for a higher open and chance to short some.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (January 12, 2007 8:19 AM) : 

Ha...BBI got downgraded this morning! That would explain the lower open in the pre-market. Green you may get out of your short after all (or not for as much of a loss!). I hope you cancelled your buy at 6.60!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 9:20 AM) : 

Still trying to get out of PETM. I got in @ 31.3 Is the fact that there is NO pre-mraket activity a good sign that this one may have a chance?

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (January 12, 2007 9:27 AM) : 

It may be a good sign. The bid is at 31.26 so no one is willing to pay the ask right now. The open market changes everything though, but at least no one is busting down the door to buy it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 9:47 AM) : 

That will be the last time I hold something over overnight. lost .31 on 1000 of PETM.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (January 12, 2007 10:02 AM) : 

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping that you were one of the ones that got in at the low for the day at 31.30.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 10:03 AM) : 

I overslept (different time zone in California) and when I run to the computer I see holy crap it gaped down. My fill at 6.60 got filled at 6.30 just 9 cents below my buy point...wheewwww. I don't care that I lost on some gains Im just happy I did not fill at 6.60 (I bought to many shares, it would have been bad)

Jason, like I said before, if you wrong be wrong fast. Covering right after it does not act the way it should is typicaly the best I think. Sorry to hear about your BBI. On a side note, you guys chech out FRPT. Its having a run untill it gets listed on the NASDAQ (18th). I wrote more about it on my blog (I will not post the address about unless you guys are interested and cramertracker does not mind)

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (January 12, 2007 10:37 AM) : 

Please, feel free to post your weblink. Although the last time I tried to post one it got cut off and it didn't work (for me at least). If you add some spaces to it so it spreads over multiple lines it may work better. I think last time I tried to go to yours it didn't work for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 10:50 AM) : 

Good trade green I was hoping You covered at a good price. news (good or bad) can change things in a hurry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 11:34 AM) : 

I think I'll wait a bit for FRPT since it has had such a good day.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (January 12, 2007 12:01 PM) : 

Yes, watch for a dip on FRPT. Possibly at end of day as people will take profits before long weekend. Its a great story. Take a look at http://ipotrading.blogspot.com/
Ill try and make sure the link works. Anyway...hopefully the Cramer shorts work today as on person pointed out that Fridays may be the best short day for his picks.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (January 12, 2007 12:03 PM) : 

I dont know why its not a hot link but if you cut and paste it should work. let me try agian http://ipotrading.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (January 12, 2007 12:07 PM) : 

Thanks stockhabit. I was looking for your blog and did not find it. Could you post a link to yours as well?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2007 1:59 PM) : 

I don't have a blog just signed up so I could post here.

 

post a comment