free counter statistics

Monday, June 05, 2006

Update - SPWR HW ESLR

So, first day with the new charts for me and I'm not very impressed. I can't seem to find any good charts that have pre-market times and numbers like I had with my old broker. So if anyone has some good (free preferably) java/interactive charts that show pre-market and after hours with time I would enjoy hearing. I found some software and some webpages so far, but nothing as good as I had :(

Anyway, SPWR hit a high of $30.94 in the pre-market at 8:01am, after trading at $30.50 on Friday night, and hit a pre-market low of $30.12 at 9:25am. Then, just after the opening bell the stock saw a slight peak at $30.40 before dipping to initial low of $29.85. There was another slight increase to the regular hours high of the day of $30.49 just before 10am and then fell for the better part of the day reaching a new low of $29.06. So maybe a case of the Friday effect, a weak market, and a sector that has been beaten down recently as well.

(problem with chart - will post later)


HW hit a high in the pre-market of $28.30 at 8:29am after trading around $27.79 after hours on Friday. The stock then opened at $27.81 for regular trading and fell for the better part of the day and hit a low of $26.30 just after 3pm. The initial low was $27.11 around 9:50am before a slight increase.


ESLR hit a pre-market high of $11.88 at 8:03am after trading around $11.78 on Friday night. The price traded lower closer to the opening bell and was drifting around $11.50 before the opening bell where it opened at $11.63. It quickly hit a low of $11.51 before rising to the high for the day of $11.91 at approximately 10:30am. It then traded lower and hit a low of $11.12. So on a stock this cheap, the initial drop from the $11.80 range to the $11.50 presented some good opportunities even though there was a late 10:30am spike.

Comments on "Update - SPWR HW ESLR"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 05, 2006 5:43 PM) : 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for by anyway...
MyTrader, it's free and it's pretty good for me, but I don't consdier myself a pro. http://www.fongan.net/
You just have to register for access to their quote server.
They have a real time version (pay) called RT Trader.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 05, 2006 5:54 PM) : 

Have you seen this?
http://seekingalpha.com/article/11461

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (June 05, 2006 6:03 PM) : 

Thanks for the MyTrader link. I am looking into it now.

And thanks for the article. Interesting read. I think the shorter term strategy of shorting the intial spike is often overlooked and a longer short of days or weeks is what is normally discussed. I will have to read the reports listed though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 06, 2006 8:26 PM) : 

Etrade has afterhours charts each that you can look at trades before and after open. Sold Auy after hours for a quick profit. Bought right before close. Second time Cramer has recommended a stock I owned and I sold in after hours. Last one was a gold stock Nxg or Ezm anyways that was the high and the stock went straight back down the next day and has never recovered.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (June 06, 2006 8:29 PM) : 

Thanks for the heads up on eTrade. I will look into it for sure.

 

post a comment