free counter statistics

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 30th - ENB NTGR

Cramer's first pick was ENB Enbridge Inc.

Closing Price: $30.47
After Hours High: $31.40
Percent Increase at High: 3.1%
Price Level Off Point: $31.20
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 2.4%
Trades on NYSE
Sector: Basic Materials
Short %: 0.26%
Days to Cover: 8.1

An oil stock here, so one to stay away from in my opinion. It was up .80-cents today already and oil is holding strong above the $70 level. Low short percentage but 8.1 days to cover due to low regular volume of this stock. I do think Cramer's opinion for this to see $40 is very optimistic and won't happen anytime soon unless this new exposure really helps it. Now a long time ago (before I was tracking his picks closely) he did highlight ENB. I seem to recall he was playing stump Cramer and he was stumped (maybe on his radio show). He then did some DD and highlighted the stock. So with Cramer having thousands of stocks in his head, and this one being a new addition it is pretty clear this stock isn't well known. So, people may sell into the spike and force this to come down, I don't want to bet against oil.

Cramer's second pick was NTGR Netgear Inc.

Closing Price: $21.86
After Hours High: $22.70
Percent Increase at High: 3.8%
Price Level Off Point: $22.32
Percent Increase at Level Off Point: 2.1%
Trades on NASDAQ
Sector: Technology
Short %: 13.3%
Days to Cover: 5.0

Unfortunately this is an ANGO no-short rule here for me. The daily high for NTGR was $22.88 and it is only trading at $22.35 after hours so the Cramer mention hasn't given it a boost above that high. I think the this one will come down to the market tomorrow. A down day will bring this down, an up day and who knows. Even with the no-short rule (that is only effective less than half the time I have called it) I will watch this one come 9:30am tomorrow and see if there is a spike from its pre-market price. It would take a very big spike for me to go against my rule.

Comments on "May 30th - ENB NTGR"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 30, 2006 7:27 PM) : 

Cool site~~ informational blog~~

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (May 30, 2006 7:33 PM) : 

Thanks! Nice to know people appreciate it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 30, 2006 7:47 PM) : 

I have not been watching the show much - but I did tune in today and he seems to be mentioning more and more that people are idiots if they buy these after hours. And they should wait a day or two..

I think statements like that maybe slowing down the after hour interest that use to take place.

But it looks like enb traded 52,000 shares so maybe not.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (May 30, 2006 7:52 PM) : 

Thanks for the comment. Cramer has been warning people since I have started tracking his picks closely about not bidding up after hours a few times a week I'd say...it really doesn't seem to slow them down much. I do notice however that when he says don't bid up when discussing a particular stock the price drops instantly. Watching the price action right at the opening bell is a good way to go lately. I think people see it climbing and don't want to miss the boat and jump in...just in time for the quick fall. I do think however in a down market like we have recently it may keep a few people away for now...but a lot of people seem to have short memories about some bad picks.

 

post a comment