free counter statistics

Friday, June 02, 2006

June 2nd - SPWR HW ESLR

Cramer's first picks were:
SPWR SunPower Corporation
HW Headwaters Inc.
ESLR Evergreen Solar Inc.

Unfortunately my broker is being switched tonight so I can't get all the prices I would like to track, so I will have to spend some time searching for a good live chart, but here is what I have:

SPWR
Closing Price: $29.66
After Hours Price: $30.50
Percent Increase: 2.8%
Trades on NASDAQ
Short %: 38.0%
Days to Cover: 8.8

HW
Closing Price: $26.91
After Hours Price: $27.79
Percent Increase: 3.3%
Trades on
Short %: 23.4%
Days to Cover: 9.7

ESLR
Closing Price: $10.97
After Hours Price: $11.78
Percent Increase: 7.4%
Trades on NASDAQ
Short %: 19.4%
Days to Cover: 6.1

All 3 of these picks have pretty large short percentages before Cramer mentioned them which could cause problems timing the highs. The weekend may reduce the interest in these picks as is sometimes seen on Mondays. The best bet in my opinion would be looking at the 9:30 opening and look for a top a few minutes in if it spikes. Today's action has me worried about big long runs, but I think people were buying yesterdays picks today in hopes that they would pick the "winner" and Cramer would pump it some more and they could get a few more dollars per share. I really don't think the same will happen here, but one should use a bit of extra caution.

And to little surprise BOOM was the winner from yesterdays orphan show. I think he almost had to pick BOOM or else risk having the stock tank the $5 it went up today!

Comments on "June 2nd - SPWR HW ESLR"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 02, 2006 7:15 PM) : 

I think the pick is actually ESLR, merely a typo. Thanks for a great blog!

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (June 02, 2006 7:17 PM) : 

Thanks for catching that!

 

post a comment