free counter statistics

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 22nd - SVI

Cramer has once again picked 2 stocks that don't trade on the NASDAQ. Having said that his first pick was SVI, Services Acquisition Corp. International . It trades on the AMEX and closed at $9.84 today. It went as high as $11 after hours.....an increase of almost 12% and has since leveled off around $10.60. Since this is on the AMEX I can't trade it after hours, but I am getting pretty fed up of having no stocks to trade! So, I will take a look at this one at 9:30 tomorrow morning and see where it is at. If it is anywhere near the $11 range I may attempt to short it and look for a .20 cent drop. Now, I deposited some cash into my account and my buying power has increased, but it appears to have increased too much, so I'm not sure if it will be corrected tomorrow, so that means I have no idea how much I might be able to short. Now, if the stock doesn't come close to $11 I will stay away. I'm not going to short something just for the sake of shorting something.

His other pick was Weight Watchers WTW, but is too rich for my blood.

Cramer is doing his lightening round now, so I will update later if he has a third pick after that.

Comments on "March 22nd - SVI"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 27, 2006 8:43 AM) : 

I started shorting JC's picks about a month ago. Your rules for shorting are true. You have to choose which pick to short by doing some research.I rarely risk more than 10% of my capitol on one short. However, sometime it is so obvious that the stock is coming down within 24hrs, I have risked 100% on one pick before - BKHM, which he picked the night before they released earnings made me 20%. The most frustrating thing is the lack of shortable stock in a lot of his picks. We should trade ideas....

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (March 27, 2006 3:19 PM) : 

I would be very interested in hearing your ideas on shorting Cramer for sure. Feel free to comment at anytime. I have a spreadsheet that I have created that has tracked his picks for the last few months that I could share.

 

post a comment