free counter statistics

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February 27th - Big Down Day In The Market

Of course the main topic today was the big red day in the market as Cramer tried to explain what happened today. I'll leave you to his recap at thestreet.com to get all the information on that. What I will post is his ideas for keeping safe in this market and they were dividend paying stocks (that beat the Treasury rates), value stocks, and defensive stocks like the PG's of the stock world.

Doesn't sound like Cramer is going to make any picks tonight, and I don't really blame him. I didn't give an update for YHOO, EBAY, or IACI since they were all down big today and it had nothing to do with the Cramer effect drop. Something tells me even if Cramer did make some picks, people wouldn't be to eager to go out and buy them after hours.

Ok, I was wrong...Cramer did recommend buying the big brokers: GS, BSC, LEH, MER, and MS but I don't consider these short worthy from this recommendation and none of them are going to make up their large losses from today in the after hours.

Comments on "February 27th - Big Down Day In The Market"

 

post a comment