free counter statistics

Monday, May 22, 2006

May 22nd - Repeat show

Cramer did a general show on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms tonight. I'm pretty sure this is a repeat show because it looks familiar. So these picks might be bid up tonight but I don't bother to track them because I would hope that most people would realize that it is a repeat show and be somewhat rational. So I wonder if Cramer is away this week?

Comments on "May 22nd - Repeat show"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 22, 2006 8:15 PM) : 

I don't know - You may want to look at SWB which was his #1 from the FireArnms portion. It is up 3% on 40,000 shares.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (May 22, 2006 8:25 PM) : 

Thanks for the heads up. Looking at the after hours trades it appears a lot of those 40,000 shares were traded well before Cramer mentioned it...I assume to try to sell into the spike. I wonder if all those people were able to unload their shares, because if not they may not want to hold tomorrow and that could help a decline. Any thoughts?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 22, 2006 9:30 PM) : 

It looks like it was bought mostly in the 6.80 range - And mostly before the third segment which is when I think it was aired. So most of the buyers I think are losing unless it gets back above 6.80. Even the people who saw the show before and got in quick I think paid in the 6.70 range.

But I think it should dive in the morning if it opens up above say 6.70 - I don't think it will open up that high more like 6.60 if that.

I think people who bought afterMarket will sell (maybe in the premarket) once they realize their idea didn't work. These people I don't think are long term holders. There just trying to make a quick buck.

I think I would short at the open if it opens up 2 or 3% higher and then cover after droping 10 cents.

It doesn't look like a big money maker but there is some potential here maybe.

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (May 22, 2006 9:40 PM) : 

Very good points. There will probably be a lot of selling pressure first thing with all the buyers before Cramer even mentioned it try to sell into any possible spike. They might also wait until 9:30 if it trades lower in the pre-market in hopes of another spike as can be seen with a lot of Cramer picks....but I don't see there being much of a 9:30 spike.

And 10 cents is nothing to laugh at. I always love a profitable trade myself.

 

post a comment