free counter statistics

Monday, May 15, 2006

May 15 - "General" show

So I'm not sure if this is a repeat show or if it is a new "general show" but this does not appear to be a live show. So this is 2 times now that the day before he does a live show, he runs one of these shows, so there are opportunities to get an edge on these picks, because people are still going to buy them after hours. It sounds like Cramer is going to be mentioning 10 retail sales picks. I don't really consider this a great opportunity for shorting since he is going to make so many picks, not to mention that they will most likely be bigger well known companies.

So, on to Columbia University tomorrow.

Comments on "May 15 - "General" show"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 16, 2006 12:38 PM) : 

Am I understanding correctly that whenever there is a re-run of a previous show that people still buy in the after hours market as though it were a first run of the show?

If so, do you all think this is simply an oversight on their part, or is there an underlying strategy?

At first glance I would say it's an oversight, however, I'm guessing that someone with a setup for after hours trading would be a fairly sharp person, which makes me think twice.

For madmoney26's question about COLM, I wouldn't want to guess.

Kevin

 

Blogger CramerTracker said ... (May 16, 2006 3:41 PM) : 

Thanks for the posts!

As for COLM, I wouldn't want to wager a guess either. It wouldn't really surprise me since he did call the WWW for Michigan, but not worth the risk of being wrong. Plus, the volume for COLM is below average today. But to be honest, the thought did cross my mind that he might try something like that again.

And yes, people do bid up his repeat shows. He even mentioned it one day after a repeat show and was upset with people who bid them up. Cramer doesn't seem to mention that they are repeat shows anymore at the begining of the show because it will make people change the channel. Without this warning it is possible people don't realize it is a repeat show. Why so many people buy the picks right as he mentions them...and conitinue to do so every night is always surprising to me. I guess the same can be said for us short sellers too though :) I at least think the short side at least has some thought process to it.

 

post a comment